Expressions

Expressions was established in 1989 at the Emerald Square Mall, North Attleboro, Massachusetts. Within the next few years three more stores were opened in malls in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, and in Milford and Trumbull, Connecticut.

In the latter part of 1997, a fifth store was opened in downtown New Haven, Connecticut. This location had a large urban population. After just a few days of doing business it became clear that opening Expressions in urban markets was the correct direction for us. The mall locations were limiting our growth, whereas expansion into urban areas drew our target customers, creating better profits.

Between 1998 and 2002, seven more stores were opened, in Pawtucket, Providence and Cranston RI; in Roslindale and Jamaica Plain, MA, and a second location in New Haven. These locations opened as we closed all mall stores.

Starting in late December 2003 through today, we have continued our program of expansion, with a total of 25 stores now open or opening soon. We have expanded to Springfield, Worcester, New Bedford, Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea and Brockton, MA; Hartford CT; and additional locations in the Boston and Providence areas.

The average store size is 4,000 square feet with a 35 to 50 foot store front. The focus is 70% footwear starting with infants and kids but targeting our core market which is 14- to 24-year-old males. The other 30% of our merchandise is made up of clothing from the top-of-the-line vendors serving our customer base.

Expressions’ growth is due to its dedication to providing the newest and latest quality name-brand fashion merchandise, combined with superior customer service and community commitment.